The Arnold Heidsieck Scholarship Fund invites applications from BA-students in the humanities who are currently enrolled at a German university and have a focus on German culture, language, history, music, or art in their studies.
In 2017 several scholarships for one or two semesters at universities in the US will be awarded for the fourth time to aid with travel and living costs abroad.
Eligible scholarship applicants must
- Be German or foreign students who are currently enrolled at a German university.
- Be BA-students in the humanities with a focus on German culture, language, history, music, or art in their studies.
- Be working on their bachelor degree currently, or travel to the U.S. in the school year immediately after they have completed their bachelor’s degree.
- Be accepted to a one-year-study at a U.S. university. Shorter stays may be supported by the Fund, but they will be assessed through a separate, case-by-case process.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
The Arnold Heidsieck Scholarship Fund will award 4 – 5 scholarships in the U.S. to aid with travel and living costs. The Fund will offer a monthly grant of up to USD 550 for a maximum stay of 10 months, plus a travel allowance of up to USD 1,100.
Number of Scholarships: In 2017 several scholarships for one or two semesters at universities in the US will be awarded for the fourth time to aid with travel and living costs abroad.
The application must be submitted in English on the appropriate form provided by the ZEITStiftung before the deadline. It must contain:
- A completed application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of High School Diploma (Abiturzeugnis)
- Transcript of Records (Leistungsübersicht aus dem BA-Studium)
- Essay explaining your motivations and why you should be considered for a scholarship (max. 2 pages)
- One letter of recommendation from a university professor sent directly from the author (in English or German)