The Zawadi Africa Education Fund is offering scholarships for women who have completed her secondary school examination. These scholarships are open to citizens of Kenya, Uganda, Ghana and Mozambique.
The Zawadi Africa Education Fund is a program designed to provide scholarships to academically gifted girls from disadvantaged backgrounds from Africa to pursue higher education in the Kenya, Uganda and Ghana.
The Zawadi Africa Education Fund was founded in 2002 by Dr Susan Mboya and is based on the highly successful Kennedy-Mboya Africa Student Airlifts Program
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, the following criteria must be met
- A girl who has completed her secondary school examination e.g.The Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE)
- Has demonstrated academic excellence (A Plain or A Minus)
- Has demonstrated leadership qualities e.g. in school as a perfect, in the community, church, leadership in peer related activities etc.)
- Has overcome insurmountable odds such as serious financial challenges, oppressive social-cultural practices such as early marriages and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) etc. in order to attain academic excellence.
- Come from a financially disadvantaged background.
- Has demonstrated clear financial need
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Take A Free Practice Test!
Zawadi Africa takes the students enrolled in the program through a rigorous nine-month period where the student will be coached and prepared to apply to partner schools offering scholarships. The application will only be considered if it completely filled.
- Attach a one-page biography and a passport photo. The biography should be TYPED and highlight your family and educational background, your aspirations, financial status, as well as hobbies and activities that you have undertaken while in school and in your community.
- Attach a 500-650 word essay on ONLY ONE of three topics listed on page seven.
- Attach a copy of your high school leaving certificate and K.C.S.E result slip as well as copies of high school certificates that show your involvement in extracurricular activities and leadership related initiatives.
- Attach a signed recommendation letter from your class teacher or head teacher.
- Attach a copy of your birth certificate and your National Identity Card (if you have one).
- Attach a letter from your local chief confirming his knowledge of your family and yourself. The letter should preferably be written on a government letter headed document.
- Any false statements, omissions or forged documents will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Submit a Hard Copy of this application form and the required supporting documents on or before the deadline through either mail or in-hand.