Yousef Jameel ’68 PhD in Applied Sciences and Engineering Fellowships in Egypt, 2017
- 15 April 2017
American University in Cairo is offering Yousef Jameel ’68 PhD in Applied Sciences and Engineering Fellowships. Fellowships are open to students of all nationalities.
The long-term objective of the program is to develop the manpower for research and development in the region by providing the skill sets for future scientists who are easily recruited in prominent positions in Egypt and the region.
Founded in 1919, AUC is a leading English-language, American-accredited institution of higher education and center of intellectual, social and cultural life of the Arab world. Its community of students, parents, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni and other generous sponsors represent more than 60 countries.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Open to all nationalities
- Master of science degree with a thesis track in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited university
- Submission of a preliminary proposed dissertation topic and a research outline
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale or very good (gayed geddan)
- Submission of a graduate application and all related documents as required by the AUC graduate admission procedures
- Submission of a satisfactory GRE score and a satisfactory English proficiency test score (TOEFL iBT, or IELTS)
- Relevant scientific research background
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees coverage for one year
- Student services and activities fee
- A monthly stipend
To Apply Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application Step 2: Complete the online fellowship application.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.