The Year Abroad Scholarship supports Polish language studies at the Jagiellonian University's Center of Polish Language and Culture in Cracow, Poland. Scholarships are awarded under the auspices of the Kosciuszko Foundation's Exchange Program with Poland. Students who are awarded a scholarship are accepted to attend an intensive one-year and one-semester programs of Polish language and culture at the Center for Polish Language and Culture. The academic year in Poland begins in early October and ends in late June. Students may apply for an academic year or for one semester.
YEAR ABROAD PROGRAM
- A tuition waiver, 6,400 PLN and $900 per semester.
- 10 March 2020
Eligible candidates include undergraduate sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students who have a minimum GPA of 3.0 who are United States citizens.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Students who are awarded a scholarship are accepted to attend an intensive one-year and one-semester programs of Polish language and culture at the Center for Polish Language and Culture. The scholarship includes a tuition waiver and 1,600 Polish zloty per month for living expenses as well as $900 per semester in additional support.
Prepare the following supporting materials and have them ready to upload to the on-line application form:
Supporting materials include:
- A photo of yourself, which is suitable for publication such as a portrait photo or headshot which is 2 inches x 2 inches.
- A scan of your U.S. passport ID page or a birth certificate.University diplomas and language certificates. Save documents to one file.
- University diplomas and language certificates. Save documents to one file.
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.);
- An essay/personal statement on why you are applying to attend the program at the Center for Polish Language and Culture at the Jagiellonian University.
- Submit official transcripts of credit for 3 years of academic work.
- Complete the online application form and pay a $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Secure two recommendation letters and have your recommenders send them directly to us via email.