World Journalist Fellowship at NYU’s Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute in USA, 2017
- Deadline: January 4, 2017
Applications are invited for World Journalist Fellowship for the year 2017. This fellowship provides support to international journalists who enroll in one of their graduate programs in journalism at the NYU’s Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute.
The Fellowship is designed to help promising journalists fulfil their potential; while applicants with strong experience will have an advantage, journalists who demonstrate journalism smarts, drive, ambition and commitment stand an excellent chance as well.
At New York University, they believe that journalism has a serious public mission, and can make a difference in the world. University wants to educate those who agree. Opportunities abound in the media world, but the opportunity to do compelling work that informs, engages and matters to the societies in which they live—this is what drives their faculty, motivates their students, and shapes their basic approach.
- Hold a non-U.S. passport
- Applicants must be fluent in English and at least one additional language
- Have at least two years of international journalism experience or a combination of free-lance journalism assignments equal to at least two years of work (Public Relations and corporate communications experience will not be accepted. Work done for internships and student publications do not count.)
- Complete applications for both the fellowship and for admission to the M.A. program in Journalism
- Take the GRE
- Take the TOEFL or IELTS. The TOEFL is waived only if English was an applicant’s language of instruction in his or her degree program.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test. Schedule an IELTS test >
The Fellowship covers tuition expenses and registration fees for two of the three semesters of the program (the Global and Joint Program Studies concentration requires four semesters). The fellow will also receive a stipend of approximately $13,000 for each of the two semesters of the fellowship.
The mode of application is online.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.