The Wolfson Foundation awards funding to outstanding students who demonstrate the potential to make an impact on their chosen field. Wolfson Scholarships will be awarded to academically excellent applicants who should, ideally, aspire to an academic career. There are three scholarships available for 2022/23, which will be awarded to the top candidates across all Subject Disciplines of History, Literature and Languages.
Wolfson Postgraduate Research International Scholarships in Humanities
- Tuition fees + £22,000 p.a.
- 26 January 2022
University of York
0525 The University of York is a collegiate research university, located in the city of York, England.All Scholarships from University of York
To be eligible, you must have an offer for a place on a course in one of the following departments:
- Department of Archaeology
- Department of English and Related Literature
- Department of History
- Department of History of Art
- Department of Language and Linguistic Science
- Department of Music
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media
- Centre for Medieval Studies
- Centre for Women's Studies
Applicants within one of the following Centres are also eligible to apply, though your 'home' department will fall under one of those listed above, for the purpose of applying:
- Centre for Renaissance and Early Modern Studies
- Centre for Eighteenth-Century Studies
- Centre for Modern Studies
To be eligible, you must:
- have applied for, and ideally be in receipt of an offer of a place on, a PhD programme in the relevant department
- expect to begin your PhD studies on 1 October 2022 (deferrals are not permitted)
- have a First or 2:1 honours degree or equivalent prior to commencing the PhD
- have completed a Masters-level qualification before commencing the PhD
- have a research project that fits within at least one of the Wolfson Foundation's Subject Disciplines of History, Languages and Literature.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Each scholarship offers £30,250 each year (over three years) and covers:
- tuition fees (at home/international rate; where an international student is awarded, the student's department covers the difference between home and international fee rate)
- a maintenance stipend of around £22,000 per year
- some research and training costs.
Applications should be made online through the application form.