Scholarships are available on a competitive basis and must be applied for using this Scholarship Application Form (see links at the bottom of the page). You must use our standard Word template to submit your statement.
PLEASE NOTE, YOU MUST FIRST HAVE APPLIED TO AND RECEIVED AN OFFER FOR A WMG MSc COURSE, BEFORE YOU CAN APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP.
Awards will be based on past academic achievement and a short essay (400 words max) demonstrating to the scholarships committee why you should be considered for the award. This may refer to your previous experience, extracurricular activities, reasons for study, and your vision for the future. We advise you to concentrate on your achievements as the scholarship committee cannot make a judgement on your financial affairs.
Up to a total of 50 scholarships will be awarded on a % discount of the tuition fees. The maximum discount possible is 50%.
Bursaries are guaranteed to students from Latin America, Syria and Turkey. You do not need to apply for a bursary, it will be applied automatically by he admissions team when we make an offer. Students with WMG Bursaries can still apply for WMG Scholarships. Where successful, the scholarship will replace the bursary. Two WMG awards cannot be awarded to the same individual.
Banco Santander Awards are available for students from Latin America.
Early Acceptance Scheme
If you have an MSc offer from us, you can request a place on the Early Acceptance Scheme (EAS). Once accepted onto the scheme you must pay a £500 deposit which is credited to your tuition fee account. This deposit must be paid within 2 weeks of acceptance onto the scheme. In return, WMG will give you a £1000 discount on your overall fees (£500 discount for home/EU fee payers).
The £500 deposit is non-refundable, so we will not repay it if you subsequently choose not to study with us, or fail to meet the conditions of your offer.
Only join the scheme if you are absolutely sure you intend to study at WMG starting autumn 2016. We recommend that students on conditional offers do not apply for this scheme.
If you wish to apply, you can request a place using this form; you must already hold a conditional or unconditional MSc offer from WMG before you apply.
Send no money now, we will advise you how to pay your deposit if you are allocated a place.
- We will not accept EAS applications or deposit payments from an agent or third party.
- Places on the scheme are very strictly limited and allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. We expect the scheme to fill very quickly so we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
- Places on EAS are limited and are pre-allocated by region to ensure a fair distribution of places.
- The scheme is only available to students who have offers for the full-time MSc courses run by WMG in the UK, it is not transferrable to any other courses.
- The Early Acceptance Scheme is available to students paying home/EU fees, but the fee discount is £500 to reflect the lower home fee rate.
- Scholarship applicants must hold an offer to study on a WMG Full-time MSc course that runs in the UK, starting October 2016
- Awards are made for study on UK Full-time MSc Programmes only.
- Applicants should have an excellent academic track-record. Usually the equivalent of a British 1st Class Honours Degree is the minimum requirement.
- All applications should be made online through the Scholarship Application Form by the applicant personally. If an application is made by a third party, any sum awarded may have to be reimbursed.
- WMG Awards are for self-funded students only. NB: students with partial bursaries on scholarship-loan schemes or partially funded by an external organisation may also apply.
- Awards are made towards tuition fees only and cannot be paid in cash or towards accommodation or maintenance costs.
- Awards cannot be deferred to subsequent years.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is 20th May 2016. 9.00am UK time.
- Scholarship winners will be notified by 2nd week of June.
- WMG will award scholarships across all WMG Full-time MSc Programmes to maximize nationality and gender diversity.
* These numbers are for guidance only. WMG reserves the right to amend the exact number of scholarships awarded
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
WMG will be awarding over £500,000 in scholarships and bursaries to students commencing study on our full-time MSc programmes beginning in October 2016.
- There will be 15 awards giving 50% discount
- There will be 15 awards giving 35% discount
- There will be 20 awards giving 20% discount
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.