Western Sydney University Institute for Culture and Society international awards
- $30,000 p.a. + allowances
- 13 December 2020
This project is based at Western Sydney University’s Institute for Culture and Society (ICS) and is funded in partnership with Blue Mountains City Council. At ICS the scholarship is placed within the Urban Futures research group and the Sustainable Transitions Engaged Research Hub (SISTER-Hub) strategic initiative. The project looks at frameworks for enabling a culture of sustainable socio-ecological transitions in the Blue Mountains region and is also being developed in partnership with Monash Sustainable Development Institute (Monash University).
Western Sydney University
- Hold qualifications and experience equal to one of the following (i) an Australian First Class Bachelor (Honours) degree, (ii) coursework Masters with at least 25% research component, (iii) a Research Masters degree, or (iv) equivalent overseas qualifications.
- Have an understanding of the linkages between planetary health and human wellbeing, be knowledgeable of the history of the Blue Mountains region.
- Be willing to work in transdisciplinary academic and policy environment.
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated to undertake further study at an advanced level.
International applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency.
- Domestic candidates will receive a tax-free stipend of $30,000(AUD) per annum for up to 3 years to support living costs, supported by the Research Training Program (RTP) Fee Offset.
- International candidates will receive a tax-free stipend of $30,000(AUD) per annum for up to 3 years to support living costs. Those with a strong track record will be eligible for a tuition fee waiver.
- Support for conference attendance, fieldwork and additional costs as approved by ICS
Follow the step-by-step instructions on the how to apply for a project scholarship(opens in new window) page.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.