Warwick Taught Masters Scholarship Scheme
The Warwick Taught Masters Scholarship Scheme presents a one-off opportunity for 2015 entrants to obtain funding before a proposed loan scheme for postgraduate study begins in 2016. They are co-funded by the UK Government and the University of Warwick.We are pleased to announce that we are now able to launch a second round of applications for the Warwick Taught Masters Scholarship Scheme. We expect to award over 60 scholarships of £10,000 per student during the second round of applications. Applications are open to eligible Home/EU students from under-represented groups who wish to progress from an undergraduate course for which they were charged the higher tuition fees applying since 2012-13, to a postgraduate taught masters courses starting in 2015-16. Full details about eligibility criteria for the WTMSS can be found below.
In order to be eligible to apply you need to be able to answer yes to all of these questions:
Part 1-General eligibility criteria
- Did you start your first undergraduate degree at a UK university in 2012/13?
- Are your tuition fees between £6,000 and £9,000 per annum?
- Are you graduating in 2014/15?
- Are you applying for a full-time Masters course, or a part-time Masters course that will be studied over a maximum of 2 years, starting in October 2015 (Please check our list of eligible courses )
- Are you eligible to pay tuition fees at the Home/EU rate?
- Can you confirm that you do not already hold a Masters or PhD qualification?
If you can answer yes to all the questions above, please continue to the next section of eligibility criteria.If you have answered no to any one of the above questions unfortunately you will not be eligible for this scholarship scheme.
Part 2-Under-represented groups in Postgraduate Taught study criteria
In order to be eligible to apply you must have answered yes to all of the 6 questions in Part 1 and be able to answer yes to at least one of these questions:1.Are you in receipt of a maintenance loan for living costs from the UK government for your undergraduate course in 2014-15 above the following amount:
- £4,073 for students studying outside London and living away from home
- £2,930 for students living at home whilst studying
- £6,029 for students studying in London and living away from home
2. Are you in receipt of maintenance grant support from the UK government for your undergraduate course?3. Are you in receipt of special support grant support from the UK government for your undergraduate course?4. Are you currently in receipt of Disabled Students Allowance, Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment?If you can answer yes to at least one of the questions in Part 2, and to all of the 6 questions in Part 1, we would like to invite you to submit an application for the Warwick Taught Masters Scholarships Scheme 2015/16. The application deadline is Tuesday 16th June, 17:00hrs.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The scholarships are valued at £10,000.
- For standard fee courses the scholarship will cover the full cost of the tuition fees for 2015/16 and a bursary of £2,600 (Standard fees for 2015/16 are £7,400)
- For non-standard courses the scholarship will be a contribution towards your tuition fees in the first instance and any remaining portion of the award after your fees have been met will be paid directly to you as a bursary for course related costs.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.