VU International Excellence Scholarship in Australia
- Bachelor, Master
Victoria University (VU) is proud to support hundreds of international scholarship recipients and sponsored students.
We have a range of externally-funded and university-funded scholarships to support students. Our courses for international students include vocational education and training (VET) through to undergraduate and postgraduate coursework and higher degrees by research.
A scholarship provides financial assistance during your study. Some scholarships provide a stipend that covers tuition fees and living allowances, while others provide only partial funding.
If you already hold a scholarship, or if you are sponsored, remember to note it when you submit your international online application.
All scholarship applicants must meet VU's academic entry requirements, in addition to any eligibility requirements for their scholarship.
All students commencing an undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) course with VU Melbourne in Semester 2, 2020 or Trimester 3, 2020 are eligible (please refer to terms and conditions below). Higher education diploma or VET students are not eligible for this scholarship.
* Disclaimer: VU COVID-19 International Scholarship information is accurate as of July 2020. Victoria University reserves the right to adjust eligibility requirements and conditions at any time. Scholarship eligibility can only be assessed after the applicant has met the course entry requirements. Qualification recognition and ranking is specified by the Australian Government’s Department for Education.
Up to A$6000 for the first two study periods. Upon the successful completion of two semesters, students will be assessed for an extension of the scholarship based on academic performance. This is valued at $1500 per semester for the remainder of their studies. The total value of the scholarship is up to $15,000 for a four-year undergraduate degree.
No application is required. Students are automatically assessed after submitting their application for an eligible qualification. If successful, the scholarship will be reflected in your final Letter of Offer.
Terms & Conditions:
- Students must pay the required tuition fee deposit to accept their offer. The remaining balance is due before the course start date.
- Undergraduate students who choose to reduce their study load are not eligible, unless their study plan does not permit them to study 48 credit points in each study period.
- Postgraduate (coursework) students in Australia who choose to reduce their study load are not eligible, unless their study plan does not permit them to study 48 credit points in each study period.
- Postgraduate (coursework) students overseas who choose to reduce their study load are eligible to receive a reduced scholarship, based on the number of units taken (pro-rata).
- Students who have received a scholarship or sponsorship from another organisation are not eligible for this scholarship.
- VU students changing from one course to another within the same college, are not eligible for this scholarship.
- After two semesters of study, students may be eligible for an extension of this scholarship. The extension is valued at A$1500 per semester for the remainder of their studies. Students must be enrolled in 48 credit points in each study period and maintain a 60 Weighted Average Mark (WAM). This is calculated after attempting every 96 credit points to receive the scholarship in subsequent semesters.
- If you receive advanced standing for previous studies you will not be eligible for the extension of this scholarship.
- The VU COVID-19 International Scholarship is not refundable, convertible to cash, or transferable to another individual, commencing study period, or course.
- The VU COVID-19 International Scholarship is awarded at the discretion of the University.
- The VU COVID-19 International Scholarship remains valid while the student pays all tuition and additional fees/costs in full by census date each study period, or the student has an approved payment plan and meets the conditions of their student visa.
- Victoria University may make changes to these terms and conditions without notice.
- There is no right of appeal should the student be unsuccessful in securing the scholarship, or has the scholarship withdrawn.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.