Vietnam International Education Development Scholarship in Australia
- Phd, Master
- This scholarship provides the MQRES tuition fee and MQRES stipend for living allowance.
- 30 December 2019
Macquarie University has partnered with Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) of the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET), Vietnam, to offer scholarships to Vietnamese students whose outputs will contribute to the vision of VIED.
Macquarie University has partnered with Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) of the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET), Vietnam, to offer scholarships to Vietnamese students whose outputs will contribute to the vision of VIED. The focus of the partnership is to provide high-quality research training to qualified students from Vietnam with the aim of developing research collaborations between the Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam and Macquarie University.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Hold Vietnamese citizenship
- Hold (or expect to obtain) a master’s degree with a major research component awarded at distinction level
- Be eligible for admission to a PhD and not have already completed a PhD
- Be able to study full-time
- Be Shortlisted by MOET/VIED and Macquarie University will undertake final selection for the scholarship.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
This sponsorship will provide the MQRES tuition fee and MQRES stipend for living allowance.
Applicants will need to submit an application to both VIED and Macquarie University.
The application process with Macquarie University
- New applicants will need to apply to Macquarie University for admission and scholarship. For details on how to submit an application please visit the HDR How to Apply website.
- New applicants apply by completing the Online HDR Candidature and Scholarship Application via the Online Application System. Within the application please answer the question as follows:
- Scholarship Details - Select the scholarship that you would like to be considered for at Macquarie University, select ‘Co-funded Scholarship’
- Funding Arrangements - How will you fund your living and study expenses?, indicate ‘Vietnam International Education Development (VIED)’.
- To be considered for the scholarship applicants will need to arrange for two academic referee reports to be submitted to the Higher Degree Research Office (HDRO).The academic referee will need to complete the ‘Academic Referee Report (Reference) for Scholarship’ form, available under HDRO Forms,
- Macquarie University will assess the application for PhD admission and scholarship eligibility.
The application process with VIED
- Submit an application directly to VIED
- VIED will shortlist the candidate for scholarship recommendation
- Refer to the Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) website or email us for further information, contact details can be found on our website.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.