Vienna Biocenter (VBC) PhD programme
The Vienna Biocenter (VBC) PhD Programme in Life Sciences has been successfully running since 1993, providing students from all over the world with exceptional training. As a student at the VBC PhD Programme you will be supervised by top scientists and have full access to state-of-the-art facilities, thus giving you an opportunity to launch a successful scientific career.
We are looking for young motivated and ambitious students, who are excited about science and want to contribute for its advancement. We expect our students to work hard, but we also provide numerous social benefits and support for career development.
To apply to our programme you must have the following:
- Fully completed application form submitted before the relevant deadline
- A Master degree or equivalent or anticipate receiving before enrolment, a university degree that would formally qualify you to enter a PhD or equivalent programme in the country where you obtain your degree
- Give the full details of two referees
- Have a high level of both spoken and written English
- Be preferably under 30 years of age at the time of application
The salaries offered to VBC students are among the highest for PhD Programmes in Europe, around €30,758 (gross), per year (i.e. €23,148 net) - per month €2,197 (net €1,653) – paid 14 times per year.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.