One or more awards are given to women students in a Master’s or PhD program, including by special arrangement (SPARR), in either the Department of Pacific and Asian Studies or the Department of Gender Studies whose research focuses on peoples of the Asian-Pacific region. Preference is for students with demonstrated financial need.
Victoria Chinatown Lioness Club Graduate Award
- PHD, Master
University of Victoria
The University of Victoria is a public research university located in the municipalities of Oak Bay and Saanich, British Columbia, Canada.All Scholarships from University of Victoria
- To qualify for any graduate scholarships you must be unconditionally admitted to a master's or doctoral degree program and be registered in enough units in your graduate degree program.
- UVic Graduate Awards of up to $10,000 per academic year require a minimum GPA of 6.0/9.0 or higher (as of 2022-2023) and a minimum of 1.50 units per term.
- Graduate Awards allow for part time registration in a minimum of 1.5 units each term.
- Graduate donor awards, those funded by private donors, require full time registration in a minimum of 3.0 units unless the specific terms of the scholarship indicate that it may be issued to a part time student, or a student who has completed their graduate program. See the list of all donor awards and their terms.
- Graduate students registered with the Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) are considered to be full time when registered in 1.5 units, and are eligible to be considered for all UVic graduate scholarships when registered in 1.5 or more units. Students must identify themselves to FGS and send a copy of their CAL letter to email@example.com.
- To maintain eligibility and avoid delays in scholarship payments, register at least two-to-three weeks, or more, in advance of each term in the required number of units.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.