Automatic scholarship for students from Africa £5,000 per year of study (£15,000 for a 3 year degree, £20,000 for a 4 year degree, £25,000 for a 5 year degree)
Vice Chancellor's Africa scholarship
- £5,000 per year of study
- 31 December 2023
All applicants must:
- Hold an offer to study an eligible Undergraduate or Postgraduate Taught course at the University of Dundee:
- Undergraduate – Must hold an offer for a full time, on campus course – this excludes any course in the School of Medicine or Dentistry. Note: The course must be 120 credits
- Postgraduate taught – Must hold an offer for a full time, on campus course in any academic school. Note the course must be 180 credits, apart from PGDip in Professional Legal Practice which is covered by the Scholarship.
- Master of Research (MRes) and Masters by Research Courses are covered by this scholarship.
- Be classified as an International Fee-paying student by the University of Dundee.
- Not be studying a PhD Course.
- Have a Course tuition fee of £19,600. NB: Any course which does not have a fee of this value, or above, will not be considered for this award.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
The value of this scholarship is: a. £5,000 for the Vice-Chancellor’s Africa award; b. £4,000 for Vice-Chancellor’s South Asia and Indonesia awards.
Applicants in receipt of the South Asia or Indonesia Scholarship are not eligible to submit an application for the Global Citizenship Scholarship, but will be eligible for the Global Excellence Scholarship should the criteria be met.
All scholarships are paid as a tuition fee waiver. No direct payment is made to any applicant.
The scholarship is paid in each year of applicable study: a. Undergraduate applicants can receive the scholarship for up to 5 years of progressing study. (Up to £25,000 for Africa, and £20,000 for South Asia and Indonesia). b. Where the course is a 3.5-year Undergraduate Degree (School of Business), then the scholarship will only be applied in Year 2 onwards. c. Postgraduate Taught applicants (including Master of Research and Masters by Research) - where the course spans more than 12 months full time, and a full year tuition fee is due in each academic year, the scholarship will be applied in both years of study. d. Where the tuition fee is reduced in Year 2, then the scholarship will only be applied in Year 1. 5. Scholarships are awarded on an Un
There is no separate application form for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship(s), for any region: Africa, South Asia, or Indonesia.
The University of Dundee Admissions Team will use information from an individual’s Course application to determine if they meet the eligibility criteria. This verification process will happen at the initial Offer stage.
Where the applicant provides evidence, their current domicile is within one of the above regions or countries.