V4 and Central Europe Fellowships at iASK
- stipend of EUR 1200 per month
- 26 January 2020
The Institute of Advanced Studies Kőszeg (iASK) is launching a fellowship program to support the research of young scholars who are completing or have recently completed their doctoral studies on the topic of V4 countries and/or Central Europe. The fellowship offers access to the resources of iASK to exceptionally talented young researchers so they can work on their proposed topic. The fellowships are open to all academic disciplines in the humanities and social sciences.
Topics that the proposals should be directed towards:
- forms of cooperation among the V4 countries
- the viability of V4+ (i.e. the extension of V4)
- international relations between the countries of Central Europe and Europe’s neighbors (Russia, Turkey, The Balkans)
- The role of Central Europe within the processes of European integration
**The selected fellows will be invited to spend 3–**6 months starting in February or March 2020 **at iASK to pursue their research projects.
When considering to apply, please note that selected fellows consent to spend at least 75% of their grant period in residence in Kőszeg.
**The finalists will be selected by a jury of experts. Applicants will be notified of the decision electronically shortly after the application deadline.
The jury is not required to publicly justify its decisions, nor to provide applicants individual feedback on their applications.
- PhD candidates who have completed their coursework
- Post-doc researchers with a PhD
- Researchers of all nationalities who demonstrate excellent academic potential are encouraged to apply.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
iASK provides fellows with office space, including internet access, in-house research, and administrative facilities as well as other services free of charge. The fellows will join the scholarly community and participate in the activities of the Institute.
Applications must be submitted electronically to us via email, please visit the website for our contact details, and should include:
- application form (downloadable from our website)
- declaration of honour (downloadable from our website)
- project proposal in English (max. 4-5 pages with 1.5 space)
- a curriculum vitae in English (max. 2 double-spaced pages)
- a list of publications
- two letters of recommendation by scholars familiar with the applicant’s academic work
Please submit all your application materials as PDF files!
Deadline for Application: The deadline for application is 26 January 2020 (midnight).
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.