Utrecht University Excellence Scholarship
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship offers a number of highly talented prospective students the opportunity to pursue a degree in a selected number of fields at Utrecht University:
International Bachelor’s programmes:
Economics and Business Economics
Liberal Arts & Sciences at University College Utrecht (different procedures apply for UCU applicants, please proceed to the UCU website)
International Master’s programmes offered by the following Graduate Schools:
Graduate School of Geosciences
Graduate School of Humanities
Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance
Graduate School of Life Sciences
Graduate School of Natural Sciences
Graduate School of Social and Behavioural Sciences
Note that Master's programmes that are privately funded are not eligible.
The scholarship programme is highly selective. Only candidates showing the highest achievement and promise may receive a scholarship.
The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for this scholarship. The applicant should:
- Not have the Dutch or an EU/EER nationality;
- Hold a non-Dutch secondary school diploma;
- Have been admitted to an International Master’s programme within one of the Graduate Schools mentioned above, the Bachelor’s programme in Economics and Business Economics or to University College Utrecht;
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree (for a Master’s programme) or secondary school diploma (for a Bachelor’s programme), or an equivalent thereof;
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa;
Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
Selected students are awarded a scholarship up to 28350 euro per year. Students should be aware that the grant is not necessarily a full scholarship, and that it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance study and stay completely. As one of the requirements for being granted a residence permit in the Netherlands, students from abroad must prove to the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Office) that they have sufficient financial means. Read more about the budget the University advises.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.