U.S. Department of State is inviting applications for Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD). The programme provides one semester scholarships to outstanding undergraduate students from around the world for non-degree full-time study combined with community service, professional development, and cultural enrichment.
Program goal is to promote mutual understanding between people of the United States and other countries.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). This international educational and cultural exchange program brings future leaders to the United States to experience the U.S. educational system, enhance their knowledge, and explore U.S. culture and values.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Global UGRAD is open to all academic fields of study and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, or disability. Competition for the program is highly competitive and merit based. Finalists will be selected on the basis of academic excellence, leadership potential, and their preparedness for study in the United States. The Global UGRAD Program is open to anyone who is/has:
- Over 18 years of age;
- A citizen of a Global UGRAD participating country, currently residing in that country;
- Enrolled as an undergraduate in good standing at any accredited university, public or private, and has at least one semester remaining at their home university at the conclusion of the Global UGRAD program;
- Completed secondary education in their home country;
- A solid command of written and spoken English (English Language training for some finalists is possible);
- Able to begin studies in the United States in August 2017 or January 2018 (selected participants may not defer to a later date);
- Eligible to receive and maintain the U.S. student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program;
- Cleared by a physician to participate in the program;
- Committed to returning to their home country after the completion of the program.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
Global Undergraduate Program offers:
- Round-trip from your home city to and within the U.S.
- Tuition and mandatory university fees
- Room and board (housing and meals)
- Accident and sickness coverage
- A monthly allowance for incidentals during the program
- A limited allowance for books
- Monthly maintenance allowance for the duration of the program
Apply through the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Fulbright Commission in your home country.