UQ PhD international awards in Game Theory
- $28,597 p.a.
- 11 November 2020
Supervisor – Professor Claudio Mezzetti
This project aims to apply game theory and mechanism design techniques to cybersecurity. There are three main themes:
- The design of incentives and mechanisms for cybersecurity: blockchain or smart contracts for financial trading; supply chain, product provenance and traceability; regulation of chain for multi-chain eco-systems; fair distribution of blockchain resources.
- Data privacy: general data protection regulation; privacy compliance for digital systems e.g., e-auctions, e-health; building systems to protect data privacy (using blockchain and trusted execution environments to balance privacy and security)
- IoT/AI: big data solutions for inequality, trust, wellbeing; fairness, robustness, security, and privacy of AI applications, (e.g., in home loans, models used by judges in the courts, etc.); data sharing, selling and trading; teaming under dynamically changing or resource constrained environments; calibrating machine trust.
There are three PhD scholarships available.
The research will be conducted in collaboration between the School of Economics and the School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering.
A working knowledge of CMathematics, statistic, computing, economics would be of benefit to someone working on this project.
The University of Queensland
You must meet the entry requirements for a higher degree by research.
$28,597 per annum (2021 rate), indexed annually
To apply for admission and scholarship, follow this link. There is no separate application for scholarship because you will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
Before submitting an application you should:
- check your eligibility
- prepare your documentation
- contact Professor Claudio Mezzetti (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your suitability for this scholarship
When you apply, please ensure that under the scholarships and collaborative study section you:
- Select ‘My higher degree is not collaborative’
- Select 'I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship'.
- Select ‘Other’, then ‘Research Project Scholarship’ and type in ‘GAME THEORY’ in the 'Name of scholarship' field.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.