University of Vienna Scholarships for International Students in Austria, 2017
- January 13, 2017
The University of Vienna is inviting applications for uni:docs fellowship programme. These fellowships are open to doctoral candidates of all disciplines.
The uni:docs fellowship programme is an individual scholarship which aims at financing excellent doctoral candidates for a period of three years.
The University of Vienna is a public university located in Vienna, Austria. It was founded by Duke Rudolph IV in 1365 and is one of the oldest universities in the German-speaking world.
By the time of the application the TOEFL iBT or the IELTS Academic needs to be completed successfully.
- The fellowship programme is open to doctoral candidates of all disciplines.
- Applicants need not necessarily already be enrolled as PhD candidates at the time of application.
- Already enrolled applicants: If the applicant is already enrolled as a PhD candidate at the University of Vienna, the admission has to have occurred no earlier than the summer semester 2015.
- Not yet enrolled applicants: If the applicant is not yet enrolled as a PhD candidate at the University of Vienna, the admission needs to take place before October 2017. All information about requirements and the admission process can be found Opens external link in new window here.
- If funding for a duration of at least 2 years has been granted from elsewhere (e.g. ÖAW-DOC scholarship, or an employment at the university), then it is not possible to apply for the uni:docs scholarship.
- The funding of part-time dissertations is not possible. Additional employment which is not clearly related to research is also not possible.
- Applicants need a supervisor at the University of Vienna who is working in the field of the planned thesis and has to have at least a 50 percentage contract with the University of Vienna which lasts until end of September 2020. At the time of their application, applicants already have to be accepted by this supervisor as PhD candidate. The supervisor needs to fill out an online form (see application documents) to complete the application process.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
- Uni:docs fellows will be employed at the University of Vienna for 30h/week according to the current collective agreement.
- Uni:docs fellows are members of the scientific staff who enjoy all rights and duties involved in such a position.
A complete application includes the following parts
- The online application form including the abstract (max. 2000 characters incl. spaces). The abstract of German applications must be written in German. If the application is in a language other than German, the abstract must be written in English.
- Upload: A CV (in the language of the application, max 3 pages). This CV should not contain any information that allows inferences on the gender of the applicant (no picture, no first name, no e-mail address with first names etc)!
- Upload: A narrative CV (in German or English, max. 3 pages)
- Upload: A research proposal of the dissertation project (max. 10 pages including reference list). The proposal must include information on the state of the art as well as information on methods, a time plan and information on relevant literature on the topic. The research proposal should not contain any information that allows inferences on the gender of the applicant (no picture, no first name, no e-mail address with first names etc)
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.