University of Twente Kipaji masters programmes for Students from Developing Countries in the Netherlands
- € 12,000
- 1 May 2020
The Kipaji Scholarship Fund is founded especially for talented students from countries with upcoming economies. Students from these countries could have the potential, but not the means to study at the University of Twente. The scholarship is meant as additional support for UTS scholarship students.
The Kipaji Scholarship Fund is founded especially for talented students from countries with upcoming economies, like in parts of South America, Africa and Asia. This relates specifically to the DAC countries. Students from these countries could have the potential, but not the means to study at the University of Twente. Kipaji Scholarship support students who also receive a University of Twente Scholarship.
The Kipaji Scholarship Fund was founded by a couple of alumni and relations of the University of Twente and is also supported by the staff and alumni of the University of Twente. With an annual fundraising campaign alumni and employees are asked to support this scholarship fund.
Please note:* The Kipaji Scholarship is not available for current UT students. This programme is also not available for Master's programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC)
University of Twente
In order to qualify for Kipaji Scholarship, applicants should meet all requirements of the University of Twente Scholarship. Additionally, applicants must:
- have the nationality of one of the DAC countries (Least developed countries & other low-income countries)
- receive a (partial) University of Twente Scholarship. The Kipaji Scholarship can ensure that they receive a full scholarship.
- have achieved good grades for their pre-master programme (average of 8).
- submit a motivation letter stating how they intend to use their studies at the University of Twente to increase/enhance the scientific level or for entrepreneurial purposes in their home country.
- up to € 12,000
- Have a look at the overview of the estimated costs of living in the Netherlands (excluding tuition fees).
Please note: This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study-related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
In order to be eligible for Kipaji Scholarship, you need to be a recipient of a University of Twente Scholarship. For the specific requirements of UTS, please refer to the UTS website.
The faculty of the programme nominates you for a Kipaji Scholarship. Upon request from the faculty, you may need to submit a motivation letter stating how you intend to use your studies at the University of Twente to increase/enhance the scientific level or for entrepreneurial purposes in their home country. Please indicate in your motivation letter that you apply for Kipaji Scholarship.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.