University of the West Lotus Undergraduate and Master Scholarships in USA, 2017-2018
- Bachelor, Master
- February 15, 2017
Lotus scholarships are open to new students entering the UWest, as well as for students seeking to renew their scholarships. Both domestic and international students can apply for these scholarships.
The Scholarship awards up to $5,000 or up to $10,000 annually to each successful applicant to apply toward his or her tuition, mandatory fees, room and board, and other expenses required for attendance at UWest.
The University of the West (formerly known as Hsi Lai University) was founded in 1991 as a contemporary university intent on educating, inspiring, and preparing students to meet the challenges of an increasingly complex and globally interdependent world. The content of the curriculum at The University of the West is designed to educate students as well as enrich. While at the university, students are expected to acquire knowledge and skills and to develop a moral, ethical and principled character that will be reflected in their personal and professional life.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- The Scholarship is available to new students seeking either bachelor’s degrees or master’s degrees at UWest. Doctoral degree students, ESL students, or students seeking certificates only are not eligible for this scholarship.
Previous recipients of the Scholarship who meet the maintaining requirements (see Maintaining Scholarship section below) are also eligible to reapply.
- Minimum GPA:
Lotus Gold Scholarship (up to $10,000):
Lotus Silver Scholarship(up to $5,000):
A student’s financial need may be taken into consideration during the applicant review process.
- Domestic students: Domestic applicants will be required to submit an FAFSA application or provide a copy of their, or their parent(s)’/guardian(s)’, most recently available tax return as part of the Lotus Scholarship application. An applicant may opt to make a statement of financial hardship in a separate letter as part of the Lotus Scholarship application. Other documents the university may request are copies of relevant tax returns or other taxation records, letters establishing a student’s status for receiving public benefits, or other similar documentation. All financial documentation will be held in strict confidence.
- International students: International applicants must submit aUWest International Student Supplemental Application for Financial Aid. Students may be asked to provide financial documentation in addition to their, or their sponsor’s, finances as reported to SEVIS during the visa application process.
International students must meet the minimum UWest admission requirements for English proficiency.
To qualify for the Scholarship a student must be enrolled full-time at UWest. Full-time enrollment for undergraduate students is defined as registering for, and successfully completing, a minimum of 12 units each semester (24 units per academic year). Full-time enrollment for graduate students is defined as registering for, and successfully completing, a minimum of 9 units each semester (18 units per academic year). Students must be pre-registered at the full-time credit level before the Scholarship funds can be made available to them. Exceptions to this full-time enrollment rule may be made through an appeal process for students who are in their final semester or who encounter extenuating circumstances. Non-full-time students will receive a prorated amount of the Scholarship based on the actual number of units for which they are registered.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
UWest anticipates awarding a large number of Lotus Scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year. The Scholarship awards up to $5,000 or up to $10,000 annually to each successful applicant to apply toward his or her tuition, mandatory fees, room and board, and other expenses required for attendance at UWest
The Lotus Scholarship Application must include the following documents:
- Completed and signed UWest Financial Aid Application Form;
- Completed and signed UWest International Student Supplemental Application for Financial Aid(International applicants only);
- A copy of Official Transcript (in English) of the highest education attained;
- A copy of official TOEFL or IELTS scores report (first-time international applicants only);
- Domestic students must submit a completed 2017-18 FAFSA or a copy of their most recently available tax return.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.