This scholarship has been established to provide financial assistance to a PhD student who is undertaking research in examining the environmental pathogen causing myrtle rust.
University of Sydney Postgraduate Research international awards in Myrtle Rust
- $35,000 p.a.
- 15 January 2021
University of Sydney
The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia.All Scholarships from University of Sydney
- be currently enrolled or have an unconditional offer of admission to study a full-time PhD
- be willing to conduct research into plant pathogen interactions, specifically in the pathogen causing myrtle rust
- hold an honours degree (first class or second class upper) or a master's degree in a relevant discipline with a substantial research component
- have a background or interest in: plant molecular biology, plant disease resistance and plant fungal pathogens, computational and genome biology and scripting languages such as Python or R
- if you are an international applicant, be able to meet the costs of tuition and the costs of any travel or quarantine arrangements required by the University of Sydney or any Australian State or Federal Government Agency.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
This scholarship will provide a stipend allowance of $35,000 per annum (indexed on 1 January each year) for up to three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance.