The University of Sussex is inviting applications for scholarships for developing countries students. Applicants must be a national and resident of a developing country (as classified by the World Bank).
The University of Sussex is a public research university situated in Falmer, near Brighton in Sussex. The University of Sussex will be extending a limited number of scholarships for participation in the International Summer School 2017. These come in the form of fee waivers and accommodation costs to students from developing countries, who have high potential for future leadership in their field of study or career.
Applicants must meet the general entrance and English language requirements for the Summer School.
To be considered for the scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over at the start of your chosen session
- Applicants must be a national and resident of a developing country (as classified by the World Bank). You are not eligible if you are already studying in a developed country. Lower income and middle income economies are referred to as “developing economies” and you should check your eligibility on the World Bank website before applying
- Applicants must be a current fulltime student at the time of the scholarship application deadline
- Applicants must be applying for either one or both sessions of the International Summer School 2017. Please note however the scholarship only covers one 4 week session
- Applicants must meet the general entrance and English language requirements for the Summer School.
- Applicants must meet any pre-requisites for the module you have chosen.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
For 2017 the scholarship will offer a 100% reduction in tuition fees in one of the two four-week sessions of the Summer School, to the value of £1,558, plus on-campus accommodation for 4 weeks, to the value of £632. The successful candidates will also receive free bus travel around Brighton for the session, £50 Munch Money credit to use in food outlets on campus and free Social Programme trips up to the value of £180. The total value of the scholarship is up to £2,483.
Please return the form to issoffice-at-sussex.ac.uk after applicants have completed their International Summer School application.