University of Surrey International Fellowship Competition in UK
- Up to £5,000
- 30 October 2020
In this academic year we are introducing a new Fellowship scheme to enable entrepreneurs and public servants to come to Surrey, and another programme to sponsor artists-in-residence.
Fellows’ visit to the University may either be for one extended period, or several shorter periods, depending on the Fellows’ other commitments and the nature of the research collaboration.
It is expected that the Fellowship will result in some specific outcome or outcomes, such as a paper jointly authored with the host, a collaborative research proposal, establishing a research network, or a jointly organized activity such as a workshop or concert. Fellows are also expected to contribute to University life, for example with a seminar, lecture, meetings with doctoral students etc.
There is no restriction on the discipline of the Fellow or the topic of the Fellowship, other than that the Fellow must work closely with one or more Surrey academics.
University of Surrey
There are various Fellowships with different criteria, please check the website for details.
Fellows receive an allowance of up to £5000 to fund travel to and subsistence at the University (but not salary).
- Applications can only be submitted by an academic member of the University of Surrey (the ‘host’). They should be submitted by the deadline (midnight on 31 October 2019) using the application form. The application form requests details of the applicant for a fellowship, the host, the work to be done during the Fellowship and the support requested.
- A host can only submit one application in each of the annual Fellowship competition rounds.
- All applications are considered at a meeting of the IAS advisory board which ranks the applications in order of merit using the specified criteria and their own judgement
- The highest ranked applications are awarded Fellowships. Applicants and hosts will be notified of the outcome in December 2019.
- Applications submitted by the deadline are checked for eligibility and completeness by the IAS coordinator. The fellows’s and the host’s Heads of Department are contacted to confirm that the applicant’s institution supports the Fellowship and the host’s Department can accommodate the Fellow.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.