University of Southern Queensland ARC DECRA Stipend international awards in Australia
- Tuition fees +$30,000 p.a. stipend
- 31 December 2020
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is a dynamic regional University committed to developing research solutions that deliver a global impact. With a vision to be a leading discovery partner in priority research areas, USQ aligns its research with regional and global agendas in agriculture and natural resource management, regional development, regional health and wellbeing, engineering, education and digital literacy.
The Hypersonics Group is a small, dynamic group which has Australia’s only long duration hypersonic test facility. The ‘TUSQ’ Ludwieg tube is the core around which the group has been developed. The group is based at the USQ Toowoomba campus. Major activities include facility development, optical diagnostics, hypersonic inlet investigations, supersonic combustion, hypersonic ﬂuid-structure interaction, and ﬁeld measurements of rockets and hypersonic craft re-entering the atmosphere. Our innovative approaches to experimentation in hypersonics are world-leading and have attracted international sponsored research projects.
The student will work on the development of an airbreathing RDE test engine. Particular emphasis will be on the inlet-combustor coupling, and fuel injection schemes. The work will be predominantly experimental, testing in the TUSQ facility, with opportunity for additional numerical investigations. This work will be conducted within ARC DECRA Fellowship held by Dr. Fabian Zander, for the RDE project.
University of Southern Queensland
Your energy and initiative, combined with your interest regarding experimental aerospace engineering, will be vital to your success in this role. In addition, you will have:
- a Bachelor’s degree with First Class Honours or Second Class Honours (Division A) at an Australian University or equivalent in materials engineering, mechanical engineering, mechatronic engineering, computer engineering or
- a Master’s degree at an Australian University or equivalent (containing a signiﬁcant research component) with a GPA of at least 5.5 on a 7-point scale
- nationality requirement subject to Australian Defence security clearance
- be eligible to be enrolled full-time on-campus in the PhD program at USQ;
- not be a sponsored student receiving similar funding from their Government, or other organisations;
- commence the program in 2021.
- Tuition fees for a period of 6 semesters, full-time equivalent, paid by the USQ.
- Stipend (living allowance),valued at $30,000 per annum, tax free.
- The maximum period of the award is three years. Periods of study already undertaken towards the program will be deducted from the period of tenure.
To apply, please ensure you have digital copies of the below information:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Preliminary Research Thesis Topic Proposal (DOC 48KB);
- Education qualifications (testamur and academic transcripts for all undergraduate and postgraduate awards);
- List of any research presentations and/or publications;
- Documentation confirming citizenship.
If you are interested in pursuing this PhD topic, please send your resume/CV to Dr. Fabian Zander.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.