University of Southern Denmark PhD international awards in Artificial Intelligence
- €3,378 per month
- 25 November 2020
Center for Energy Informatics at University of Southern Denmark invites applications for a 3-year PhD scholarship in collaboration with the Sino-Danish Center in Beijing, China. The starting date for the position is before the end of 2020.
About the PhD project
This PhD project focuses on the application of artificial intelligence (AI) for prediction and scheduling of the demand side in electrical distribution grids, including modelling and simulating demand respond towards different electricity pricing models, optimal policies and regulative frameworks to resolve local distribution grid congestion and increase the integration of distributed renewable energy resources and electric vehicles in the distribution grid.
About the research environment
Center for Energy Informatics is an interdisciplinary industry-oriented research and innovation center with an international outlook. The center focuses on development of innovative solutions that can facilitate the global transition towards a sustainable energy system.
The Sino-Danish Center is part of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences and facilitates collaboration between Danish and Chinese researchers. Research at the Sino-Danish Center focuses on the energy challenges the world are facing.
The PhD project is part of the Sino-Danish Center’s Sustainable Energy Systems program and will include a research stay in Beijing of 7.5 months.
We are looking for a highly-motivated and ambitious student with excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken), who can work well in a team as well as independently and quickly acquire knowledge in new topics. The preferred candidate has a master’s degree in computer or data science, preferably with a master project in artificial intelligence (equivalent to a Danish master's degree).
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Employment as a PhD fellow is a 3-year salaried position (start salary amounts to approx. 3.378,- EURO per month incl. supplements).
The application must be in English and must include - the required forms must be found at the above mentioned Faculty website:
- Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants.
- Motivation letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. 2 pages). Upload in the field called “Project description”.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information.
- Verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master's diploma and transcripts of exams, both original and translated into English.
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme.
- Master's thesis if written in English. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- References, if any. You're welcome to use the form for reference letter at the Faculty website.
- List of publications and maximum 2 examples of relevant publications, if available. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.