University of Sheffield Southern Africa Student Scholarship Fund
- 5 May 2017
In partnership with SUSASSF, the Department of Geography is inviting applications for Southern Africa Student Scholarship Fund. The scholarship will be awarded to a student from Southern Africa to pursue postgraduate programme.
The programme is designed so that students experience development theory alongside development practice.
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School (founded in 1828), Firth College (1879) and Sheffield Technical School (1884).
International students are required to attain IELTS 7.0 overall with at least 6.0 in each component.
- You must have applied to study on one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield, starting in 2017: MA International Development, MSc Environmental Change and International Development and MPH International Development
- You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your mode of attendance must be full time.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2017.
- You must be a national of and permanently domiciled, in one of the following countries or territories: South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Lesotho, Botswana, Swaziland and Namibia
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The scholarship offers the following support:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
If students wish to join one of University’s programmes they must submit an online application form via this website. For information on what student will need to include the following on submission can be found here.
- Previous Education – Have at least a 2:1 undergraduate degree in a related subject or extensive and relevant work experience in the programme area. Academic transcripts and certificates will be required.
- English Language – Evidence that shows you meet the department required standard of English Language ability as outlined above.
- A detailed supporting statement; this statement should incorporate the following information:
Why do you want to study our programme?
What interests or relevant experience do you have?
Your career and future aspirations and how our programme can help you achieve these?
Anything you think is relevant in supporting your application
- Academic references – Please ensure that references are submitted as soon as possible as these will be required before the application can be processed. References from relatives will not be accepted.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.