University of Sheffield Postgraduate Taught Scholarships for International Students in UK, 2017
- Deadline: June 16, 2017
The University of Sheffield is offering scholarships to international students starting a taught master programme in September 2017.
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School, Firth College and Sheffield Technical School.
Students must be proficient in written and spoken English, normally demonstrated by grade C or above in GCSE English Language or an acceptable English language qualification.
- Students must have applied and held an offer for a study place and begin your postgraduate taught masters programme at the University of Sheffield in September 2017.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- Students must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
- Overseas students registered on partnership programmes will only be eligible for a proportionate amount of scholarship reflecting the percentage of the programme studied at and percentage of the tuition fees paid to the University of Sheffield, e.g. studying a 50:50 course with the University of Sheffield and another institution where the fees paid to the University of Sheffield are £8000, a scholarship will be applied which represents 50% of the full scholarship amount.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test.
University is pleased to offer the following scholarships
- £2,000 if tuition fees are between £16,000 and £18,000
- £2,500 if tuition fees are £18,001 and upwards
- If you are a student on MSc Global Marketing Management, your scholarship will be £1,250
The scholarships will be awarded automatically – no application is required. Applicants can apply for postgraduate study using Postgraduate Online Application Form. Applicants will need to include certain documents to support their application, for example, evidence of your previous qualifications and a personal statement. They can supply these simply by uploading them to the relevant sections of your online application.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.