University of Queensland, International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) and UQ Centennial Scholarship (UQCent)
- Master, Phd
- Fully Funded
- 31 December 2018
The IPRS and UQ Centennial scholarships are awarded competitively based on merit, to international students of exceptional research potential undertaking a research higher degree.
The IPRS scholarship is a Commonwealth funded scholarship which provides a tuition fee award and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the student and any accompanying dependents. The UQ Centennial scholarship is a UQ funded scholarship which provides a living allowance. The IPRS and the UQ Centennial scholarships are awarded together to provide a full tuition fee and living allowance scholarship.
To be eligible you must:
- Be an international student on a student visa (subclass 574 for postgraduate research) studying full-time and onshore in Australia.
- Be nominated by the enrolling school or institute.
- Be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- Be commencing research higher degree study for the first time in Australia, or have terminated previous enrolment in a RHD program within six months of commencement.
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
- Not have held an Australia Award (AusAID) scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the research higher degree.
- Not be receiving an award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the UQ Centennial rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
- Not be receiving a Commonwealth funded tuition fee scholarship.
Award value: $26,288 per annum (2016 rate), indexed annually Tuition fees, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.