University of Oslo PhD Research Fellowship in Pharmacology
- January 10, 2017
A Position as PhD Research fellow available at School of Pharmacy – Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences. Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway.
The University of Oslo is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field of pharmacology, biomedical sciences or molecular biology.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field of pharmacology, biomedical sciences or molecular biology. The candidate should be familiar with cell culturing and molecular biology techniques. Knowledge of imaging techniques and/or experience with animal studies is advantageous. The applicant should be willing to travel intermittently between Oslo and Gothenburg as required to complete their compulsory work at AstraZeneca.
- Personal qualifications like the ability of cooperation and the ability to work independently, structured and efficiently are an advantage. Curiosity, creativity and enthusiasm are personal qualities that will be appreciated.
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
- The fellowship requires admission to the PhD programme at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. The application to the PhD programme must be submitted to the department no later than two months after taking up the position.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Position code 1017, Salary: NOK 432 700 – 489 300 per year, (pay grade 50 – 57) depending on qualifications and seniority.
The mode of applying is online. The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- Documentation of English proficiency
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.