University of Oslo PhD Fellowship in Clinical Nutrition
- 29 March 2017
The University of Oslo is inviting applications for PhD fellowship in Clinical Nutrition. Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
The main purpose of this project is to investigate the importance of hypercholesterolemia during pregnancy for later disease risk in children. The project is a collaboration between the University, National Expertise service for familial hypercholesterolemia, OUS and NIPH. Project at the University of Oslo professor Kirsten B Holven.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests.
- Applicants must have master’s degree in clinical nutrition, etc.
- Applicants must meet the character requirements as B or higher at the master education and not less than average grade C on bachelor degree
- It is desirable that the candidate has previous experience with laboratory work, and preferably to have experience with one or more of these methods: Isolation of white blood cells (PBMC), isolation of RNA, PCR, and experience with metabolome analysis (lipid classes). In addition, documented experience with various statistical analyzes be an advantage.
- Candidates with knowledge of / experience with the specific discipline will be preferred
- Earlier scientific publication or manuscripts in nutrition research are emphasized
- Applicants must be fluent in Norwegian and English spoken and written
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
- Enthusiastic guidance in a stimulating and enjoyable working environment
- Salaries in salary grade 50-57 (NOK 432 700 – 489 300)
- Good pension in the state pension
- Employment in an IW Enterprise a pleasant and challenging work environment
- Good welfare benefits
The mode of applying is online. The application must include:
- CV (summarizing education, and academic work)
- Copies of diplomas (including transcripts) and testimonials
- Complete list of publications and any professional working as it should be taken into account during the evaluation process
- Name and contact details of 2-3 references (names, affiliation to seek, email address and phone number)
In addition to copies of diplomas and certificates requested foreign applicants to enclose an explanation of the grading by the respective university. Please note that all documents must be submitted either in English or a Scandinavian language.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.