University of Malaya Post Doctoral Research Fellowship (PDRF)
- Fully Funded
The scheme is called the University of Malaya Post Doctoral Research Fellowship (PDRF).
Prioritized Fields of Research
Areas which have been identified by the University of Malaya as prioritized research clusters are as follows:
(i) Advanced Fundamental Research
(ii) Advanced Engineering & Technology
(iii)Biotechnology & Bioproduct
(iv) Health & Translational Medicine
(v) Sustainability Science
(vi) Computation & Informatics
(vii) Humanities & Ethics
(viii) Social & Behavioral Science
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Post Doctoral Research Fellow are as follows:
(1) To carry out, on a full-time basis, research which will be based at the Research Centre or Group and under the supervision of the Head of the RC or Research Program;
(2) To produce at least 2 publications a year in a refereed and/or cited journal;
(3) To submit to the Head of the RC or Research Program a progress report on the research every 6 months;
(4) To provide not more than 4 hours of lecture/tutorial a week, when required; and
(5) To submit to the Director, Institute of Research Management & Monitoring (IPPP), the research output /report in writing at the end of the appointment period as endorsed by the Head of the RC or Research Program.
Candidates for the fellowship must meet the following requirements:
(1) Have obtained a PhD degree not more than last 5 years or have attend and passed the viva-voce ( please provide a letter from the institution concerned to attest to this);
(2) Have proof of proficiency in the English language (a minimum score of 600 in the TOEFL or Band 6.5 in the IELTS) for candidates whose PhD thesis was written in languages other than English;
(3) Is 39 years of age or below
(4) Have experience in carrying out research and have published in reviewed journals at either the national or international level.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Living Allowance (1) A Living Allowance will be paid in a lump sum for an amount of between RM66,000.00 and RM90,000.00 a year based on length of experience.(2) A higher Living Allowance may be considered for candidates with outstanding expertise. BenefitsOther facilities provided are as follows: (1) Medical facilities for the candidate (2) Return Apex/Budget flight fares once during the duration of appointment for candidates who are not Malaysian citizens or who are Malaysians residing overseas or residing in Sabah and Sarawak.(3) Insurance Coverage (4) Annual leaves totalling 20 days.(5) Work facilities such as a laboratory or office space furnished with equipment including telephone and computer.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.