University of Leicester Canadian Excellence Scholarships
- 9 June 2017
The University of Leicester is offering Excellence Scholarships for Canadian students commencing their course in September 2017. These scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate law degree programmes (including Senior Status LLB Law).
A law degree from Leicester will help you on your way to a successful career in whichever area you choose. Their degree programmes are designed to allow you to develop a range of valuable skills that will prepare you for life beyond university.
The University of Leicester is a public research university based in Leicester, England. The main campus is south of the city centre, adjacent to Victoria Park.
In order to study at the University of Leicester, your written and spoken English must be good enough that you will fully understand, and benefit from, your degree course.
- Candidates must have submitted an application for one of the undergraduate law degree programmes (including Senior Status LLB Law) and received an offer before submitting an application for a scholarship (if an application form is required. See website for details).
- Candidates must be classified by the University as international/overseas students for fee purposes.
- Candidates must have Canadian nationality or residency to be eligible for Canadian Excellence Scholarship.
- Candidates must not be in receipt of any other undergraduate scholarship for International Students. If successful with two or more scholarships, only the scholarship of the larger value will apply.
- The scholarships are awarded in the form of a reduction in the tuition fees payable.
- Where a scholarship is awarded to a candidate who is also eligible for a fee discount, the discount will be calculated after the scholarship reduction to the tuition fees payable has been made.
- Scholarships are only available for students studying on a full-time basis who are commencing their course in September 2017
- Where a scholarship is awarded to a candidate and the candidate then does not take up their place in September 2017, it cannot be rolled over to subsequent years.
Ten scholarships are available of £3000 per annum towards your tuition fees.
Number of Scholarships: There are ten scholarships available.
Students can submit their completed application form and transcript by post or by fax or by email. Completing application (if an application is required):
- Make sure that you complete all five sections the application form. Please type or write clearly in black ink. You must sign the form personally (not third party or agent).
- Please ensure that you include copies of your transcript(s) so that the panel can fully assess your academic performance. If you are submitted photocopies / scanned copies of your transcript, please ensure that you include a copy of the reverse of your transcript ad this will include grading information. Transcripts must be in English.
- Make sure that you include all relevant information even if it has already been submitted with your application for a place at the University.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.