University of Helsinki Scholarships for Non-EU/EEA Students in Finland, 2017
- 12 January 2017
The University of Helsinki Scholarships are now open for autumn 2017. These scholarships are intended for excellent students from outside the EU/EEA who want to do a master’s programme at the University of Helsinki.
The University of Helsinki is a university located in Helsinki, Finland since 1829, but was founded in the city of Turku in 1640 as the Royal Academy of Turku, at that time part of the Swedish Empire.
In order to be admitted to a program in Finnish or Swedish, students need to be able to communicate in Finnish or Swedish.
All candidates must meet the following requirements
- You are eligible for the Master’s programme at the University of Helsinki
- The country of your nationality is outside the EU/EEA and you meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for Finland. More information at the Studyinfo.
- You have obtained excellent results in your previous studies and can prove this in your application.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The exact amount of the Be 1* of the Best scholarship depends on the amount of tuition fee one has paid for an academic year in the programme. For the 2017 intake, the scholarship categories are:
- Amount of the whole tuition fee (13,000 or 15,000 or 18,000 euros) AND Living Cost Grant of 10, 000 euros.
- Amount of the whole tuition fee (13,000 or 15,000 or 18,000 euros)
- Half of the amount of the tuition fee (6,500 or 7,500 or 9,000 euros)
- Living Cost Grant (10,000 euros)
All the scholarships include:
The Student Union (HYY) membership fee (paid by the University of Helsinki) will provide you substantial benefits of a lively student organization as well as free health care and reductions in public transportation, student lunch in the Student Restaurants and sport facilities at the UniSport.
The scholarship application will be filled out in the same application system and simultaneously with online application to the University of Helsinki English-language Master’s programmes. The possible scholarship-related documents should be delivered with the other enclosed documents of student’s degree application.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.