Scholarships are intended for excellent students from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland who want to complete a Master's programme at the University of Helsinki.
University of Helsinki Scholarship
- Tuition fee waiver
University of Helsinki
What kind of a university is The University of Helsinki? It is Finland’s largest and oldest academic institution. Since 1640, it has contributed to the establishment of a fair and equal society that is considered the best in the world according to a number of indicators. Today, this multidisciplinary academic community solves problems that concern all of us, also on a global scale.All Scholarships from University of Helsinki
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You are eligible for the Master’s programme at the University of Helsinki.
- You are liable for tuition fees: Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries who do not have permanent residence status in the EU/EEA area are liable for tuition fees.
- You meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for Finland.
- You have obtained excellent results in your previous studies and can prove this in your application.
The scholarships for new students will be awarded on the basis of academic overall assessment: Previous academic performance and possible letters of motivation, in addition to which the grounds presented by applicants in their grant applications will be taken into consideration. Also University's and programmes strategic goals can be taken into account.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Each degree programme may award scholarships covering either 50% or 100 % of the tuition fee.
Finland Scholarship and 100 % waivers include:
Student Union (HYY) membership fee including
o student meal discounts in Unicafe restaurants
o reductions in public transport
o Unisport services at low prices.
Free or highly affordable health care services by the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS)
How to apply for a scholarships
- Find the Master's programme you want to apply to through the Master's programmes page
- See the instructions on how to apply to the Master’s programme and prepare the necessary attachments.
- Apply for a scholarship with the same application form used to apply to the Master's programme.
- Submit all the required attachments.
You may not apply for a scholarship from a specific category, but you can give this as additional information as part of your scholarship application