University of Ghana BaNGA-Africa Postdoctoral Fellowships & Seed Grants
- Deadline: February 28, 2017
The “Building a New Generation of Academics in Africa” (BaNGA-Africa) project is pleased to announce its 1st Call for applications for its Postdoctoral Fellowships. Applicants from Ghana are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Its aims to contribute to the attainment of a critical mass of PhD holders on University of Ghana faculty, improve doctoral training at UG and enhance the quality and volume of research outputs from UG.
- Must be PhD?holders employed full time as faculty at the University of Ghana.
- Must have earned their PhD and/or must have joined the University in the last 10 years.
- Previous recipients of Carnegie funded PhD scholarships are eligible to apply.
- Shortlisted applicants must provide documentary evidence to show that they have made contact with a prospective mentor/collaborator in a reputable institution who is willing to host and work with them during the period of the fellowship.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test. Schedule an IELTS test >
The programme will cover travel costs (visa, return economy air ticket, and travel insurance), medical insurance, and accommodation at the host institution as well as subsistence costs for the time away from the University of Ghana. Applicants are also eligible to apply competitively for a seed grant to undertake a research project as part of the fellowship. This application will normally be in collaboration with the mentor/ collaborator.
All applications are to be submitted by email to banga-africa-at-ug.edu.gh and in hard copy to the BaNGA-Africa secretariat at the Centre for African Wetlands latest by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, February 28, 2017. Interested and eligible faculty members may complete and submit the attached Application Form accompanied by the following documents:
- PDF versions of 3 most important publications
- A CV of not more than 5 pages
- Supporting letters from two professional referees (including their telephone numbers, postal and e?mail addresses) to be sent directly from referees to the BANGA-Africa Coordinating Office by email at banga-Africa-at-ug.edu.gh. At least one referee should be familiar with the applicant’s work in academia.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.