University of Bedfordshire Foundation Year Bursary for UK and EU Students in UK
- Up to £2,400
- 1 February 2021
We’re investing in your future – up to £2,400* cash during your undergraduate study.
If there’s one thing that concerns most students, it’s the idea of debt and how to cover the cost of university. However, for you it need not be a worry. Here at the University of Bedfordshire we offer a wide range of scholarships and bursaries to support your studies and that’s cash that you don’t need to pay back.
We offer a Merit Scholarship, worth £2,400* over 3 academic years, which is awarded to those who can demonstrate a high level of academic achievement, through scoring 112 UCAS points or more.
However, don’t worry if you don’t. We’re keen on supporting each and every one of our students at Bedfordshire, so if you aren’t eligible for the merit scholarship you will get £1,500* over 3 academic years with our bursary, or £1000* over 2 academic years if you’re a top-up student receiving the Level 5 bursary. We take the worry out of financial woes, leaving you more time to focus on your studies and having a great experience with us. Take a look below for more information and for the full terms and conditions.
*Based on 2020 figures and for 3 years study. The scholarship or bursary is not payable during a year out from on campus study, such as the Professional Practice Year. If you are studying PE with QTS, which is a 4 year degree, you can receive a 4th year payment of £500 if you’re eligible for the bursary, or £800 if you’re eligible for the scholarship. Amount awarded on the basis of academic merit and UCAS points accumulated prior to entry. (Level 5 bursary awarded pro rata; Level 5 entry students are not eligible for the Merit Scholarship).
University of Bedfordshire
- Be registered on a full time, undergraduate, bachelor’s degree course (BA, BSc, BEng, LLB or similar)
- Be a new entrant student to the University from September 2020 in the academic year 2020/21 academic year who has not previously been enrolled (registered) at the University of Bedfordshire or University of Luton
- Be registered on the course at the relevant dates when eligibility for the award is determined (ie the census dates)
- Be a UK/EU student who will be paying the maximum tuition fee of £9,250 (including students whose fees may be paid by the SLC). The University reserves the right to review the Scholarship and Bursary Package in the event that this maximum fee is reduced by the UK Government or other third parties.
- Have fulfilled and completed all stages of financial processes which may be required with sponsors or external bodies who are paying your fees to ensure that there is no impediment to the University receiving the payments. This therefore includes a requirement for students whose fees are to be paid by the SLC or similar bodies to have completed all aspects of their application, including completing the declaration to fully accept the tuition fee loan and any associated terms and conditions.
You are not eligible for a scholarship or bursary if you are:
- An overseas or ‘equivalent level qualification’ (ELQ) fee payer
- Studying with a University partner
- Deferring study beyond a 2020/21 start date
- Not in good financial standing with the University
- The University reserves the right to withhold payment of the scholarship or bursary if the student withdraws, interrupts, does not attend or otherwise does not progress satisfactorily
Eligible students must maintain an appropriate standard of behaviour throughout their course of study at the University of Bedfordshire. If a recipient does not meet the appropriate standard of behaviour the bursary may be withdrawn.
Students can only receive one scholarship or bursary, which will be the one that has the highest monetary value (except for a Sport Scholarship, which can be additional)
The scholarship or bursary is not payable during a year out from on campus taught study, such as the Professional Practice Year.
For undergraduates with an entry qualification score of 112 UCAS tariff points or more, or equivalent, the scholarship is worth £2,400 over 3 academic years.
For undergraduates with an entry qualification score of fewer than 112 UCAS tariff points, or equivalent, the bursary is worth £1,500 over 3 academic years. If you are studying PE with QTS, which is a 4 year degree, you can receive a 4th year payment of £500 if you’re eligible for the bursary, or £800 if you’re eligible for the scholarship.
Foundation Year Bursary
For undergraduates undertaking the Foundation Year as part of an integrated four-year degree and it is worth £2,000 over 4 academic years.
Scholarships and bursaries are generally paid in two equal instalments per year if the eligibility criteria are met.
There is no application process. The scholarship or bursary will be awarded automatically to those meeting the eligibility criteria.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.