University of Bamberg Scholarships for International Students in Germany, 2017
- Deadline: February 28, 2017
Applications for the Starter Scholarships (period October 2017 – September 2018) are being accepted now. These scholarships are open to German and international students for pursuing the doctoral research programme.
The primary goal of the school is to provide doctoral scholars with an outstanding, supportive environment for learning, research, and career development.
The Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS) is a multidisciplinary Graduate School funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG) as part of the German Excellence Initiative. The School was established in 2010 to create an innovative working and learning environment for exceptionally qualified doctoral researchers.
Applicants must have an excellent command of English. If English is not their native tongue, they will need to provide an English language proficiency proof when being shortlisted and invited for an interview.
- Applicants should hold a master’s degree or an equivalent in one of the following fields: sociology, psychology, educational sciences, political science, economics, demographics, or statistics. Qualified graduates of related subjects with a strong social science background and with a research proposal fitting into BAGSS’s research profile are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have an excellent command of English. If English is not your native tongue, you will need to provide an English language proficiency proof when being shortlisted and invited for an interview.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test.
Up to six scholarships are awarded at a time. The scholarship amounts to 1,365.00 EUR per month plus a grant for material costs, adding up to a total of 1,468.00 EUR, plus family allowances and child-care expenses in accordance with the DFG guidelines where applicable.
If students wish to apply for a Starter Scholarship, then they should apply online, using an electronic form. Application documents need to be saved as pdf in the following order:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research proposal(s)
- Scan of all academic degree certificates and all university grade transcripts
- Statement on knowledge of research methods
- Proof of English skills (if available)
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.