UHV International Student Cultural Scholarships in the USA
- $3,000 p.a.
- 6 January 2021
International Student Cultural Scholarship (ISCS) is open to all new and returning F-1 and J-1 international students. The International Student Cultural Scholarship is awarded automatically to the new students during their first semester at UHV. If students wish to receive the scholarship beyond the first semester, students must maintain the International Student Cultural Scholarship (ISCS) requirements listed below.
All international students must meet the following requirements to receive the International Student Cultural Scholarship (ISCS)
- New F-1/J-1 international students must be admitted to UHV before the scholarship is awarded. Once the student is admitted, the scholarship amount will be listed in the student's immigration document I-20
- F-1/J-1 students must be registered fulltime (concurrent enrollment will not apply, students must be registered for fulltime courses at UHV)
- U.S. transfer international students must be in good immigration status prior to their transfer to UHV
- All new international students must attend the mandatory international student orientation
- Scholarship recipient must pay all outstanding university bills on or before the due dates.
- No application necessary, students will be awarded the scholarship automatically during their first semester. If a student fails to maintain the scholarship requirements, students must submit the Scholarship Appeal to the International Programs Office. The International Programs Scholarship Committee will review the appeals and make a decision.
Requirements to maintain the International Student Cultural Scholarship
Please note, all international students must fulfill the following requirements to receive the International Student Cultural Scholarship.
- Undergraduate international students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Graduate international students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Contribute 10 volunteer hours every semester (fall and spring) assisting International Programs Office to host events such as the International Festival, International Education Week and International Sash Ceremony. The events will be emailed to students every Wednesday when school is in session. Mandatory international student orientation will cover instructions of the scholarship in depth.
The scholarship covers $3000 per year ($1500 per semester, fall and spring semester). Scholarship only applies to the out-of-state tuition and fees. Additional fees and costs of attendance are not included in this scholarship. The scholarship award can only be used for study at UHV. The scholarship award is available for:
- A maximum of nine semesters (4.5 years) for undergraduate international students meeting the eligibility requirements listed below.
- A maximum of five semesters (2.5 years) for graduate international students meeting the eligibility requirements listed below.
Students will first have to submit the UHV general application, followed by the International Student Cultural Scholarship Appeal Form.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.