The Université de Montréal introduces a new scholarship program for exemption from additional tuition fees for international students. The goal of this new program is to help the best talent from around the world attend one of the finest francophone research universities in the world. In turn, these international students will help fulfil our educational mission by enriching the cultural diversity of the Université de Montréal community.
UdeM Exemption Scholarship for International Students
- Bachelor, , Master, , Phd
- up to $21038
- 1 February 2023
Admission to graduate studies (2nd cycle) • In general, admission to graduate programs at the 2e cycle level (microprograms, DESS and Master’s) require a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Admission to graduate studies (3rd cycle) • For admission to graduate programs at the 3rd cycle level (PhD), a Master’s degree or equivalent is usually required. The program information pages present general and specific eligibility conditions, the list of additional documents to provide when applying for admission, as well as supplementary requirements (if applicable).
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
The excellence of your academic record is the only evaluation criterion to determine the value of the scholarship. This assessment is made based on the transcripts provided during the admission application.
- Apply for admission • To get your application and admissions process off to a good start, explore “Compass”, an interactive checklist that guides you through the required steps. Before completing the application form, make sure you respect the application deadlines and check the admissions requirements for the study programs of your interest.
- Follow-up on your file and receive an offer of admission • A few days after submitting your admissions application, you will receive your access codes for the "Student Centre." This is the platform where you can monitor your application and receive your offer of acceptance letter.
- Accept the offer of admissions to start the evaluation. • You don’t have to apply for a UdeM Exemption Scholarship. New candidates’ files will be evaluated to determine their eligibility and the amount of their exemption scholarship.
- Receive the notice of award with the amount • After receiving your admissions offer, the Université de Montréal will promptly inform you, by email, of the amount of the scholarship to which you are entitled. Print and keep this document in a safe place. It will be useful for future reference.