The purpose of this scholarship is to recognise leadership potential, involvement in community and cultural activities, and high academic achievement amongst intending first-year ākonga | students who have whakapapa Māori at Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury.
UC Kaitoko Māori Scholarship (School-Leaver Scholarship)
- EUR 3500
- 15 August 2023
University of Canterbury
It was founded in 1873 as Canterbury College, the first constituent college of the University of New Zealand.All Scholarships from University of Canterbury
- Must have whakapapa Māori and be:
- A citizen of Aotearoa New Zealand, or Australia; or
- Hold an Aotearoa New Zealand residence class visa; or
- An international student studying at secondary level in New Zealand.
- Applicants must not have been enrolled in a degree programme at any tertiary institute.
- Participation in STAR courses, community education courses offered by tertiary institutions, orientation or general interest programmes run by tertiary institutions for secondary school students does not preclude eligibility for this award.
Selection will be based on:
- Evidence of the applicant's participation and contribution to Māori development within their whānau, hapū, or iwi, and/or community;
- Involvement in community and/or cultural activities;
- quality of achievement at NCEA Level 2, or equivalent university entrance qualification (achievement must be at least NCEA Level 2 at Merit level, or equivalent);
- Evidence of leadership potential; and
- Strategic objectives of the University of Canterbury.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.