The purpose of this scholarship is to recognise and support top-achieving international students who have completed, or are currently completing, a university-entrance qualification at a New Zealand secondary school, and will be commencing an undergraduate degree programme at the University of Canterbury.
UC International First Year Scholarship (NZ School-Leaver Scholarship)
- EUR 8800
- 15 August 2023
University of Canterbury
It was founded in 1873 as Canterbury College, the first constituent college of the University of New Zealand.All Scholarships from University of Canterbury
- Applicants must have completed, or be completing, a University Entrance qualification (or equivalent), and have studied at secondary level in Aotearoa New Zealand in the year of application (or in the previous year if they are on a gap year). Please refer to the regulations for further details.
- Applicants, by the closing date for the round in which they are applying, must have applied for admission to the University.
- The scholarship is not tenable by students who have already undertaken partial study in an undergraduate degree programme at a New Zealand tertiary institution.
Selection will be based on:
- Quality of academic achievement; and
- Character, and evidence of leadership potential, and of involvement in cultural, sport, and/or community activities; and
- Financial circumstances; and
- Strategic objectives of the University.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.