UBC Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Visiting Scholarships, 2017
- 9 January 2017
UBC Faculty of Forestry is pleased to invite applications from outstanding students from India and Commonwealth countries in Africa currently enrolled in a postgraduate program to apply for funding to be a visiting scholar at UBC for up to four months.
The Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships aim to activate a dynamic community of young global leaders across the Commonwealth to create lasting impacts at both home and abroad through inter-cultural exchanges encompassing international education, discovery and inquiry, and professional experiences.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- 35 years of age or under at the time of application
- Proficient in English
- Currently enrolled as a master’s or PhD student in India or Commonwealth countries in Africa
- Citizens of a Commonwealth country (but not Canadian). Anyone who has applied for Canadian citizenship or permanent residency is not eligible.
- Scholars must agree to return to their home country after the study visit and sign a form to this effect as part of their acceptance of the award.
- Scholars must participate in community engagement activities in Canada.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The scholarship provides the airfare (max C$2,100), and living expenses (C$1,550 per month for up to 4 months).
Application materials should be emailed to Gayle Kosh (gayle.kosh-at-ubc.ca). To apply, please send:
- Cover letter outlining your motivation to apply for the visiting scholarship, proposed activities while at UBC, and how you will contribute to community engagement activities in Canada
- One-page summary of your current or planned research work
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of support from current supervisor at home institution, outlining your current research, intellectual preparedness, and how a visiting scholarship will contribute to your work
- Letter of support from a UBC faculty member outlining a fit between their current research and applicant’s proposed plan, and commitment to mentor the applicant during their stay at UBC.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.