Åbo Akademi University is the Swedish-language multidisciplinary academic university in Finland. We contribute to society through general learning, education and new scientific knowledge.
With campuses in Turku and Vaasa, Åbo Akademi University offers internationally renowned research and education. Through cross-border collaboration, we serve as the gateway to Finland for the Nordic countries.
Our activities are steered by the values of academic tradition in terms of the freedom of research and education as well as ethical responsibility. We endeavour to enhance diversity, inclusion, equality and sustainability.
The decision to grant a scholarship is based on
- the academic performance of the applicant in his/her previous studies,
- how well the applicant meets the programme requirements
- the answers the applicants have given in the application form
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
- Tuition Fee Scholarship, covering 100 % of the tuition fee, awarded for 2 years (second year conditional)
- Tuition Fee Scholarship, covering 50 % of the tuition fee, awarded for 2 years (second year conditional)
When applying to Åbo Akademi University, applicants can indicate on the application form their wish to apply for a scholarship. In the application form the applicants are asked to answer a set of questions related to motivation and future goals. The answers to the questions will be assessed by the scholarship committee who makes the decision on granting the scholarships. In the assessment the following is evaluated: communicative skills, academic goals and general interest in the field.
The decision on the granted scholarship is given to the applicants together with the admission letter. In order to accept the scholarship the applicant must have accepted the study entitlement offered (binding acceptance).