Theoretical Physics: Fully Funded STFC PhD Scholarship
- Full cost of UK/EU tuition fees, plus a stipend
- August 31, 2019
This scholarship is funded by the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC).
Start Date: October 2019
Swansea University’s Department of Physics invites PhD scholarship applications in areas spanning the research interests of the Particle Physics and Cosmology Theory group. These include:
- Integrability and AdS/CFT
- Higher spin holography
- Dense quark matter at strong coupling and gauge/string duality
- Quantum fields in curved spacetime
- Theoretical cosmology
- Amplitudes in gauge and supergravity theories
- Non-abelian T-duality and supergravity solutions
- Holography and physics beyond the Standard Model
- Large-N gauge theories, supersymmetry and duality
- Lattice studies of strongly interacting systems
- Lattice QCD at nonzero temperature
- Dense quark matter and the sign problem
- High-performance computing
Candidates must have first, upper second class honours or a Master's degree with Merit, in a relevant discipline.
Candidates are subject to STFC's UK/EU residency eligibility.
For candidates whose first language is not English, we require IELTS 6.5 (with 6.0 in each component) or equivalent. Please visit our website for a list of acceptable English language tests. We prefer candidates to have already met the English Language requirements at the point of application, although this is not a requirement.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
This is a three-year fully-funded STFC scholarship, which covers UK/EU tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,009.
Please visit our website for more information.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.