Theodor Heuss Research Fellowship for Home/EU and Overseas Students in Germany, 2017
- Deadline: February 3, 2017
Applications are invited from members of the University of Oxford for the Theodor Heuss Research Fellowship. The successful candidate will undertake research in a field of their choice at any university or research institution in Germany. Home/EU and Overseas applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The University’s international reputation for world-leading research and resources attracts students from all over the world. The University is fully integrated into the city of Oxford in a dynamic relationship that has been evolving for over 800 years.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test.
The holder of the Fellowship will receive a monthly maintenance grant (currently €1,150 for doctoral students or €2,650 for postdoctoral fellows; this includes a mobility allowance and a subsidy towards the costs of medical and liability insurance). In addition, payments are provided to cover travel expenses, and all university or institution fees will be paid on the Fellow’s behalf (he or she may have to pay a compulsory Students’ Union fee). Upon application, a family allowance may also be paid.
The mode of application is online. Please note that you will not be able to save and return to the online application later, and it is therefore recommended that you have below information ready when starting the application process.
As part of the online application you will be asked to submit the following supporting information:
- **Personal statement **on your current research, proposed study abroad and explanation outlining how the period abroad would be relevant to your future career plans (500 words)
- Names and contact details of two referees. Your referees will be contacted automatically by email and asked to submit a reference as soon as you submit your application. Therefore please ensure you seek their approval to be nominated as a referee in advance. It is your responsibility to ensure that your referees submit their references by the deadline.
- **Budget breakdown **showing the proposed monthly costs for the period of study abroad, including registration/tuition fees where applicable
- **CV **including a list of publications (if any), prizes, and academic history (full details of school and university education), along with a statement of your extra-curricular activities and interests
- **Copies of transcripts **for current and previous university education
- Proof of any correspondence with the host institution regarding your proposed attachment, if available
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.