The University of Manchester - Women in Finance Scholarship
- 17 July 2020
As a leading international business school, we are committed to support diversity in business and gender balance in senior leadership roles.
We award these scholarships to support opportunities for talented women interested in careers in finance to learn from our expert Alliance MBS faculty and start, or continue, their journey into future leadership roles in finance.
The University of ManchesterAll Scholarships from The University of Manchester
You will need to show/demonstrate:
- Outstanding academic excellence: We will take into consideration your final degree classification/average, grades in subjects that demonstrate numeracy and analytical skills, and the reputation and ranking of the institution(s) where you have studied.
- Outstanding achievements (personal and professional).
- Strong motivation and potential for leadership roles in finance (current work experience in financial services is not required).
- Determination to act as a role model for other women.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
In 2015, the UK government commissioned a report on gender diversity in the financial services sector in the UK and EU. The report highlighted the significant gap in pay and the representation of women in senior managerial roles in financial services. In response to the report, the HM Treasury launched the Women in Finance Charter- a pledge to aspire to gender balance at all levels of financial services, to which more than 330 companies are now signatories to the commitments of the charter.
You should submit your application in the form of a PowerPoint Presentation.
The presentation is a blank canvas to paint your picture and tell us what makes you stand out as a possible recipient of the scholarship in a more creative way.
We hope to learn about; your personality and personal and professional achievements, what motivates and interests you to study the MSc Financial Management programme, and how you meet the specific scholarship criteria.
We expect all our scholarship award holders to commit to be outstanding alumni ambassadors and contribute positively back to the School, organisations and communities.
When assessing applications we will consider your complete application for the MSc Financial Management Programme, along with the scholarship presentation.
- The presentation should be a maximum of 6 pages/slides
- You will not deliver your presentation orally therefore think of the presentation as a ‘story book’. You are welcome to use diagrams, photographs etc., to illustrate your messages.
- We will evaluate the presentation on the content, showing how you meet the scholarship criteria, not on technical expertise.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.