The Supporting Local Businesses Scholarship
- 5 September 2020
The team at We Mount TVs specializes in helping the members of their communities have the best home entertainment experience. With locations all over the United States, we pride ourselves on being able to assist a number of regions with personalized services.
We have created this scholarship to highlight the importance of local businesses to communities in the future. We would love to hear from the next generation on how they support businesses in their regions and how they plan to use their education to help local businesses thrive.
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- If you are unsure if your school is accredited, you can use the US Department of Education’s search tool to see if your school features on their list. https://ope.ed.gov/dapip/#/home
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Applicants are not required to have a specific Major.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply.
- Please write a 1,000-word essay answering the following questions:
- What are some local businesses that you frequent or utilize now? Why?
- Why do you think it is important to support businesses in your community?
- How do you plan to use your education to help develop and support local businesses?
- Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited learning institution. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill. Please note: if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have currently applied to. If you are selected for the scholarship, we will ask you to provide proof of enrollment for your college or university at that time.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.