This scholarship program honours the late R Harper Brown, Society governor, 1996 Clansman of the Year, co-chair of the Kith & Kin Campaign and former chairman of the development committee.
The R Harper Brown Memorial Scholarship
- Tuition fee waiver
- 1 June 2023
University of St Andrews
The University of St Andrews is a public university in St Andrews, Fife, Scotland.All Scholarships from University of St Andrews
Applicants should be at least a graduating senior in high school with an acceptance and intention to attend university in Scotland, OR a student at an accredited American college or university looking for a study-abroad experience in Scotland.
- Scholastic achievement.
- Potential for future activities that would make a contribution to the Chicago Scots, Caledonia Senior Living & Memory Care and the Scottish-American community.
- Preference will be given to applicants who reside within 100 miles of the greater Chicago area.
- Preference will be given to members of the Chicago Scots, their children and grandchildren.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
The purpose of the scholarship fund is to assist in defraying the cost of a college student's study at a university in Scotland.
- Online Application Form
- Your most recent school transcript and activities report from High School or University.
- A letter of recommendation from a college or high school teacher or administrator.
- A letter of recommendation from a counselor or mentor.
- A cover letter detailing your academic and personal goals.
Applications will be accepted March 1st through June 1st. Transcripts, letters of recommendation, and cover letters can be submitted to Meghan Larson. Only completed applications containing all required documents will be considered. Finalists may be interviewed by the Scholarship Committee prior to the scholarship being granted.