The Leaside Garden Society Founders' Scholarship Opportunity
- $1,000 CDN to be awarded in September 2020
- 30 June 2020
The Leaside Garden Society (LGS) is offering a $1K scholarship opportunity for a Canadian resident enrolled full-time in a horticulture-related program (e.g.Botany, Ecology, Environmental Science, Forestry, Horticulture, Landscape Architecture or Plant Science).
LGS is an affiliated society within the Ontario Horticultural Association and is a not-for-profit organization. Part of its mission is to encourage, award and educate on the values and principles of gardening and the environment.
For application and full scholarship details, visit the website.
A Canadian resident, enrolled full-time in second year or beyond of an undergraduate program in horticulture or a related field of study.
Candidates who are present or previous Leaside residents or are a relative of a Leaside resident will receive extra consideration.
The successful recipient will be invited to give a short presentation at the LGS October meeting or submit a short 5 minute video describing a horticulture project, assignment or volunteer experience that s/he has undertaken.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
The scholarship will provide financial support to a student who will advance their knowledge of horticulture within the community.
Candidates must submit the following for the upcoming academic year:
- A LGS Scholarship Application form found on the website
- An unofficial transcript from the present year of their program
- An essay (250-500 words) describing why s/he should receive the scholarship
- Any Leaside address/name which links the applicant to Leaside, if applicable
- The name and contact information of two references, one of whom is relevant to their course of study
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.